8/19/2012

A Tisket A Tasket See My Pretty Basket - Artiste in August

Welcome to the 20th day of the Artiste in August Blog Hop.  This is a circular hop and  Pamela O'Connor is the blog in front of mine.  We are a group of Close to My Heart Consultants who are making a different project each day using our brand new Close to My Heart Exclusive Cricut Artiste Collection.  Each day we will be focusing on a different shape or box that you can cut out with the Cricut Artiste cartridge.

Today's shape is the little basket found on pg 73 in the Artiste Handbook and pg 56 in the Artiste Assembly Guide.  This morning I was driving down the Interstate on the way to my Sunday meeting trying to visualize how my basket was going to look.  That is how I design my projects.  I look at the pattern and then try to think of the obvious.  Then I try to shift my vision to the less obvious.  I don't want to make the obvious.  I want to surprise people and delight myself.

So the obvious to me is an Easter basket.  Well I already made my bunny box, so they would go together.  LOL  But I wanted something different.   I am suddenly hooked on Clementine. The weather was gorgeous today and the sky was blue.  Really blue!  So I wanted a gorgeous, coolish, comfortable day type of basket. I think that Clementine is perfect for my little basket.


I made my basket and then was disappointed how plain it was.  I promised myself I was not going to spend a lot of time embellishing it.  But it needed something.  My vision wasn't complete.  So after spending about 20 minutes looking at the catalog to see which embellishments we still sell, I tried some large pearl opaques. Nope.  I tried some blingy brads (I think CTMH calls them Heirloom brads).  Nope.  So I pulled out my scissors and cut out the pretty flowers and stars from the patterned paper in Clementine.


Other side.



As you can see, I also pulled out the hemp and tied cute little bows and stuck them on with our Liquid Glass.  Then, what the heck, the centers of the flowers needed a little something so I put some Liquid Glass on them for a bit more dimension and emphasis.


Loving my little basket.  It gives me a smile on my face and makes me happy!

Here is the CTMH Cricut Artiste Collection.


  • The Cartridge has 700 images - Themed Projects, Cards, Font, and 3-D Items
  • Has 3 My Acrylix D-size Stamp Sets that coordinates perfectly with the shapes cut out by the Artiste
  • Has 3 Coordination 12" x 9" Dimensional Elements Sheets including a Mini Album
Contact me today to get the entire collection  for just $99 (retail value of nearly $125) or you can place your order on my website.

Now please continue hopping.  Your next stop will be to Tina Gale Husong's Blog.  

And then please come back tomorrow!  This Blog Hop goes all August long.  See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this looks great using the Clementine B&T Duo! Love all the little details too. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!