8/26/2012

Artiste in August - Cupcake Box

Welcome to the 27th day of the Artiste in August Blog Hop.  This is a circular hop and  Pamela O'Connor is the blog in front of mine.  We are a group of Close to My Heart Consultants who are making a different project each day using our brand new Close to My Heart Exclusive Cricut Artiste Collection.  Each day we will be focusing on a different shape or box that you can cut out with the Cricut Artiste cartridge.

Can you believe that we are on the 27th day of our month long blog hop?  I am so grateful to have participated in this hop.  I have had to stretch and use my Cricut Artiste and the new products more than I have ever used our new products in the first month after they are released.  My approach to new products approaches hoarding.  I buy all the new products and then just look at them for about a month.  I open the paper packs and smell them.  I take the stamp sets out of their packages and make a copy of them for my stamp binder.  But that is it.  I never actually use them for the first month.

Not so this time.  I have been forced into my discomfort zone.  I have cut into every one of my new paper packs.  I have had to resticky 7 Cricut mats purely because I have used them so much.  And I have actually order new paper packs.  Man have I been having fun!  And my Mojo is back!

So, take a look at my project for today - the Cricut Artist Cupcake Box.


Isn't this just the most adorable, super gorgeous cupcake box in the entire world?  I know that it is the most gorgeous cupcake box in the Memphis area!  LOL  I made this using the Flirty paper pack.  The more I use it the more I love it!


Can you see the holder for the cupcake inside of the box?  Wow!  They thought of everything.



I placed our pearl opaques in the centers of the big cabbage roses for a bit more oomph.  I just love when I have such a great patterned paper that all I have to do is add a few embellishments and I am done.  Really, what more could I add?


All of my edges are inked with Cocoa ink.  I found my cupcake box on pg 69 of the Artiste Handbook and pg 49 of the Artiste Assembly Guide.  I cut the box at 3.5".  And remember to cut the insert as well to hold your precious cupcake in place.  For the cellophane top I cut a 4.25" piece out of a normal page protector and taped it in place with my ATG gun.  It looks neat and professional once I fold the Cupcake Box's top into place.


Featuring the Cricut Artiste Collection in the Artiste in August Blog Hop


  • The Cartridge has 700 images - Themed Projects, Cards, Font, and 3-D Items
  • Has 3 My Acrylix D-size Stamp Sets that coordinates perfectly with the shapes cut out by the Artiste
  • Has 3 Coordination 12" x 9" Dimensional Elements Sheets including a Mini Album
Contact me today to get the entire collection  for just $99 (retail value of nearly $125) or you can place your order on my website.

Now please continue hopping.  Your next stop will be to Tina Gale Husong's Blog.  

And then please come back tomorrow!  This Blog Hop goes all August long.  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!