8/10/2012

It's All Sewn Up with Artiste in August


Woo Hoo!  Another any shape day for the Artiste in August Blog Hop.  This is a circular hop and  Pamela O'Connor is the blog in front of mine.  We are a group of Close to My Heart Consultants who are making a different project each day using our brand new Close to My Heart Exclusive Cricut Artiste Collection.  Each day we will be focusing on a different shape or box that you can cut out with the Cricut Artiste cartridge.

I am so glad that it is any shape day.  I told my husband that I am tickling myself with what I can create with the Cricut Artiste Cartridge.  I saw this adorable spool of thread and thought that it was a card and was so disappointed that it was not a card, but was meant as just a shape.  So what did I do?  I turned it into a card!



The spool of thread and the scissors are found on page 41 of the Cricut Artiste Guide.  I cut the wooden spool at 6.75".  I used the brown patterned paper from Scholastic paper pack.  It looks like wood in this card.  The thread is cut from the Dakota paper pack.  And it looks like thread.  Just love when that happens.  The scissors are cut at 4" out of our new Whisper paper.  And then I put a Slate brad in the scissors to look like the screw that is in the scissors.

And so you ask, how is this a card?



Don't you just love it?  I used our foam tape - the smallest width - and attached the "thread" just around the two sides and the bottom.  The White Daisy cardstock is cut at 3.25" x 2.25" and is glued to the bottom of the scissors with our Bonding Memories Glue.  I actually cut out 2 scissors and adhered them to each other, one with the blades on the front of the card, and one with the blades on the back of the card.  Since you are pulling the card out by the scissors, I wanted them to be strong.  I also backed the "wooden spool" with a spool of the same size cut out of Saddle cardstock.

Have I tempted you at all with all of my creations I made with the CTMH Cricut Artiste Collection?   Look at all you receive with the CTMH Cricut Artiste Collection.


  • The Cartridge has 700 images - Themed Projects, Cards, Font, and 3-D Items
  • Has 3 My Acrylix D-size Stamp Sets that coordinates perfectly with the shapes cut out by the Artiste
  • Has 3 Coordination 12" x 9" Dimensional Elements Sheets including a Mini Album
Contact me today to get the entire collection  for just $99 (retail value of nearly $125) or you can place your order on my website.

Now please continue hopping.  Your next stop will be to Tina Gale Husong's Blog.  

And then please come back tomorrow!  This Blog Hop goes all August long.  See you tomorrow!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is FABULOUS!!!! Love it all to pieces. I know what kind of card I'm making my sewing fanatic cousin for her birthday...thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!