8/07/2012

What's Baking With the Artiste in August Blog Hop?

What's baking?  Why it is the Close to My Heart Cricut Artiste Pie Box.  This is a circular hop and  Pamela O'Connor is the blog in front of mine.  We are a group of Close to My Heart Consultants who are making a different project each day using our brand new Close to My Heart Exclusive Cricut Artiste Collection.  Each day we will be focusing on a different shape or box that you can cut out with the Cricut Artiste cartridge.

Let me tell you.  I cannot decorate cakes worth a  darn.  But look what I managed to create with my Cricut and the New Close to My Heart Exclusive Artiste Collection!



The Pie Box is found on pg 70 in the Artiste Handbook and pg 50 in the Assembly Guide.  I cut it at 5.5" (width) because I was trying to conserve paper.  The flowers are cut out of black cardstock and they are found on pg 54, Accent 1.  I cut it at 2.5".  The leaves are on the same page and are cut at 3/4".  Then they are dry embossed and then sanded so that the veins of the leaf sticks out.  Then I inked them with first Olive, then Blush, then Saddle, and then touched up just a little bit with Olive if necessary.  I just love dimension and that little bit of extra work gives them such dimension!

The pink flower is found on pg 32 and is cut at 2.5".  That was just a happy little accident.  I was thinking of using it in place of the roses, but I didn't like it.  After I put all the roses and leaves on, I decided that it needed a little pop of pink.  I intended to cut pink circles, but tried one of these flowers on to see if I liked the pink, and then I decided that I liked the pink flower, so went with that.


This paper pack is called Flirty.  It is one of our new paper packs and is so bright and pretty.  It has a very pretty patterned paper that I used in the design of the back of the cake.  I wished that I had a ton of bitty black opaques but I didn't.  So I improvised by taking a black sharpie and coloring my bitty sparkles.  They give off a black look to them now.


I am very proud of my roses.  Last year when the Art Philosophy came out, I made 7 red rose topiaries for a friend's daughter's wedding.  I made 856 red roses.  I developed my own technique which I will do a tutorial on in the next day or so.


I love adding little details to my artwork.  Here is a look at the inside of my rose.  See the little pink Bling?  So pretty!  My little cake took quite a while to make, but looking at it makes me happy.


Don't you really want the Cricut Artiste?  Look at all you receive with the CTMH Cricut Artiste Collection.


  • The Cartridge has 700 images - Themed Projects, Cards, Font, and 3-D Items
  • Has 3 My Acrylix D-size Stamp Sets that coordinates perfectly with the shapes cut out by the Artiste
  • Has 3 Coordination 12" x 9" Dimensional Elements Sheets including a Mini Album
Contact me today to get the entire collection  for just $99 (retail value of nearly $125) or you can place your order on my website.

Now please continue hopping.  Your next stop will be to Tina Gale Husong's Blog.  

And then please come back tomorrow!  This Blog Hop goes all August long.  See you tomorrow!


4 comments:

  1. You have outdone yourself AGAIN, Melinda!!! Sheer awesomeness!!! - Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Melinda, these are wonderful....worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work Melinda! I see what you mean now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love,love,love,love your rose!!!! You are very talented!!!! visiting from http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/2012/08/its-time-for-giveaway.html#comment-form
    Just signed up as your newest follower. stop by and visit me sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!