5/31/2013

Close to My Heart Stamp of the Month Blog Hop - A Flowering Bunch


Welcome to the June Stamp of the Month Blog Hop.  This month I am following Dawn Ross' Blog.   We have over 60 Close to My Heart Consultants participating in this month’s Stamp of the Month Blog Hop.   
                                                                                                                
The June Stamp of the Month is entitled A Flowering Bunch (Set of 10). Here is a picture of this stamp set:





Isn't this a darling stamp set?  I have seen artwork using it in different ways, but I have been waiting for this set to go live because I wanted to color it in with more than one or two colors of our alcohol markers.  

I had saved a tutorial by Betsy Veldman on my Pinterest board on how to stamp on canvas bags.  Close to My Heart released small canvas bags in our last catalog.  But I was more than a little intimidated by the idea of stamping on them because you get one chance to get a good image stamped.  Plus the ink does not stamp very vibrant onto the canvas.  I have never tried to use our alcohol markers with our canvas bags, but I imagine that you have to be very careful coloring in the image so that the ink does not spread past the stamped image.

The tutorial used HP Iron On paper for the image and made it look really easy.  You stamp on the HP transfer paper, color your image as desired, and using a very hot iron you quickly iron the image with the image side down onto the canvas bag.  When I say to iron quick, I mean iron quick - the canvas scorches easily.  

Usually I iron one more time quickly behind the images on the reverse side of the canvas bag.  I let it cool and then slowly and gently remove the paper backing, making sure that the transferred image stays attached to the canvas bag.  If I see that the image is still sticking a little to the transfer paper backing, I stop pulling and go over it one more time with the hot iron.  Then I try removing the transfer paper backing.

I bought this canvas bag at a local store and it was dirt cheap.  I have a downline who does machine embroidery and she embroidered the saying on the bag.  Here is my bag:



And here is a close up view of the stamp images on the bag:



Supplies Used
A Flowering Bunch Stamp Set (S1306)
Black Pigment Ink 
Markers Used (From Bottom to Top):
Sky Alcohol Marker
Outdoor Denim (Light) Alcohol Marker
Cranberry Alcohol Marker
Hollyhock Alcohol Marker

The next stop on the blog hop is the Fabulous Tamytha Jenkin's Blog.

The A Flowering Bunch stamp set can be purchased for $17.95 or you can even get it for only $5 between June 1 – June 30, 2013. You can purchase this stamp set as well as any of the above supplies here:  on my website.  

10 comments:

  1. that is adorable. I'm going to pin your site so I can come back to it later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love your project! Really different. I may even be brave enough to try something on the canvas bags! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love your project! Really different. I may even be brave enough to try something on the canvas bags! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool. I have 2 huge pieces of drop cloth that I bought to make tote bags with. This would be a perfect way to dress them up a bit. Who knows, I may even try stamping on the material too (before I make the bag, lol). At $6 for a 4' x 6' drop cloth, I'm not really worried about wasting any if it doesn't come out right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice project. I haven't thought of fabric stamping in a while. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY cool - love this project! It turned out beautiful - and I learned something new today so it's been a good day (thanks!!).
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!